Second travels.

Okay, so I'd been in this position before. The nerves as I handed in my travel plans in at work and waiting to see if they would allow me to take six months off unpaid to travel. The excitement of deciding where to go. The hard work of researching places and booking everything up.

And then, the thrill as you start to pack bags, making sure the washing is all done. Making sure all the stuff in the fridge is eaten. Meeting people to say goodbye.

Then the moment your pulse starts to race. When you close the front door and lock it. As you place your bags in the boot, you know this is where it all starts. Starting the car and leaving the parking space. It only really hits you when you lose sight of your home.

Your travels have begun. And by god, am I going to enjoy them!

Four weeks round the UK, with short hops to Oslo and Dublin. Then a flight to Kiev/Kyiv, and working my way round eastern Europe and the Balkans.

Now things are really getting exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino