Termassos

Now, Termassos is the place that gives you the feeling of being wild and free. The city was almost levelled by an earthquake, and was subsequently abandoned, hence, everything is left where it fell. From open sarcophagi, to toppled pillars, to surviving arches, the city has a quiet and interesting atmosphere to it, and by God is it challenging. I got off the bus at the entrance to the park, it took me a 3 hour hike to reach Termassos itself, I spent all day there, then came back down in a 2 hour walk. I have never been so exhausted, or so exhilated. I'm sure you can work out why from the pictures:











You are so high up, the mountains take your breath away and keep it for themselves. A unique and perfect place. My only regret is that I didn't go back again the next day.

Also, make sure that you head right to the top of the valley where the fire watch hut is. There is always someone there, and the man that was there gave me water and tea and let me use his binoculars to survey the world. It was a beautiful experience, and when you always travel by yourself, it's so nice to have someone stood next you as you spot something and say wow. (even if they don't speak English!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino