Berlin's many offerings

Wow. If you thought Berlin didn't have a lot to offer, you should be ashamed of yourself! Over the past couple of days, I've been all over the city, taking in some of Berlin many amazing sights.
Of course, no trip to Berlin is without a visit at the Brandenburg Tor, Berlin's last remaining gate. I've gotta say, it is more impressive than the pictures. Huge columns frame the sky and boulevard through it.
Not the world's best picture, but it gives you a good idea of the sheer size and beauty of the gate. 
Weve almost visited some of Berlin mueseums, some of which still bare the scars of the war, which actually made them seem all that more unique and magical.  
This is from the outside of one of the museums on museum island. They are flanked with hundreds of strong pillars, making sure knowledge and culture stand a above all else. There was some fabulous exhibits there about both Egyptian and Greek history, and one even included the bust of Nefertiti! It was so expertly made, you were actually staring into the eyes of one of Egypts most famous Queens herself! 
I have to say though, I'm knackered. We've just had some dinner (and a couple of cocktails)  and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open! An early night is in order I think! 
The scary thing is, this still feels like a holiday. It is in essence, as my best friend is here with me, but I know this is the start of my travels to many incredible places. We shall see how it all goes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino