Warsaw part 1

I wrote this post when I sat in a sushi bar in central Warsaw, but it’s only been uploaded now becuase there was no WiFi. I’m turning into some sort of instagramming teenage monster,eating sushi and complaining about the lack of WiFi.Word :P
But there we go.If there’s one thing about travelling I have learnt in the past two days,is that money is precious,  and every penny (or even cent,stotinki or grozy counts)  but that shouldn’t detour you from what you really want out of travelling. I chose a room in a strange office block/apartment/ hostel set up,but for 15 pounds a night, it meant I had more money to do things in Warsaw. You are forever thinking about your budget and just where exactly it goes. I’ve just treated myself to sushi becuase I really fancied it, some things never change, no matter where you are.
But let’s talk about Warsaw. Where can I begin? It’s a city of massive change,I doubt very much it will look anything like this in another fifty years. It has a much faster pace than that of Berlin, but the pace has a purpose. Warsaw, similar to Berlin, has rose from the ashes like a phoenix. But both have taken a very different way. Warsaw has rebuilt itself, such as the castle,  where the rubble formally sat one of the countries great sights, a new one, with the power, might and beauty of its former self, but with an added something, that really took my breath away.
I also went into the national palace of culture and science. I could have gone on a tour to the observation platform, but a more grizzly attraction caught my eye. A spider and scorpion exhibition. Yes that’s right. It was a bit creepy a you might expect,but damn was it interesting! I got some good photos and actually saw the remnants of a spiders outer skin. Oddly, the skin was creeper than the actual spider.
I have so many choices for tomorrow. Not a lot of museums and places to see are open on a Monday,so tomorrow I’m going to hit the ground hard. Chopin museum, or maybe the art gallery? Or maybe even the museum about Polish warfare. Warsaw really is mine!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino