Kutna Hora and Sedlec
I had to dedicate an entire post to a day trip to Kutna Hora. Now the town was pretty, it had a nice little old town part, I had a pizza for lunch (Tuna no less) and had a good wonder about and saw my first ever two headed deer as well.
But that wasn't my reason for coming, my real reason for visiting Kutna Hora was to visit Sedlec Ossuary. A macabre but magical little chapel, decorated exclusively with over 40,000 peoples bones. It was simply breath taking.
It was amazing. I think what was more incredible, was that the chapel above was just plain and clear, it was such a contrast with the ossuary beneath it. Even more interesting was the preservation works. They were having to dig around the ossuary to create a deeper and better foundation for it, but they were coming across hundreds of burials, one on top another as they dug.
If you get a chance to visit, please go, honestly, you will not be disappointed










Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!