Adana

Adana is Turkeys 5th biggest city, but certainly it's more well known for the Adana kebap, the most delicious thing I ever got the chance to eat in Turkey. Succulent, juicy and packed full of flavour, they were simply incredible. I was so impatient, I never even took a photo of my first one! Id just done a day trip to Anavarza, and nearly died of heat exhaustion while there, so photographs were not top of the priority list for me!

There's a few beautiful sites around Adana, the main two being the main mosque (coincidentally the largest in Turkey) and the old bridge, both of whom compliment each other perfectly where they are on the waterfront.






I also stayed at a hostel that can only be described as lively, electric, and full of  excitable young men in army boots and string vests. Yes, you know what I'm on about.

But one, rather shy guy named Onur stayed in the same dorm room as me for the last 2 nights I was there. We went for a kebap, after he took me to a local playstation club thing, and absolutely best me on a FIFA type game. Pes? I think it was? We played 3 games and I lost all 3, and my defence was that as all the controls and instructions were in Turkish, I didn't really stand a chance. In the end I just sort of mashed every button I could. It semi worked, the final game I managed to take it to penalty shoot outs, only to be miserably defeated. But nevermind, I met a new friend!


I've never looked so awful in my life. In my defence, it was 4000 degrees Celsius, and I'd just had a long day exploring the castle at Yilankale, (coming in a separate post)

But never mind, I guess that's a nother photo for the embarrassing montage on this is your life!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino