Tbilisi part 4
This is perhaps the most important post I've ever made! It's all about the food of Georgia!
First up, Khachapuri.
It's a Georgian sort of bread like pizza. There's an unlimited amount of possible toppings, and it can be enjoyed at any time of day, so it's a winner for me! Now Khachapuri is generally just named as the basic cheese one, and I'm not sure what it is called with added toppings, but it's a totally awesome and very filling meal!
Next up, the dumplings. Khxinkali.
My most favourite Georgian food!
They are these delicious little (okay actually quite large pastry parcels) filled with meats and juices. In fact, the traditional Georgian way to eat them is to hold the sideways by the stem, to eat the sides, and then drink the juice inside.
If you are cack handed like me, it gets very messy very quickly. In fact, the first time I had them, an old Georgian lady with a mop had to clean the floor after I had finished eating. And they go very well with pear lemonade too!
(Possibly the sexiest bottle I've ever been given)
And of course, the Georgians love BBQ. Mcvadi if I remember correctly. And the bonus is, nobody gives you a dirty or dissaproving look when you order the veal!
And of course, Georgia does awesome milkshakes too!
I really wish I could have eaten out more. Georgia is a very affordable country by English standards, and so I ate out quite a few more times than I probably should have done! That's the only problem with travelling, sometimes you've just got to eat cheaply, in order to pay for a entrance ticket, or a bus fare, or to see another sight.
But in all honesty, the food in Georgia is better than Italy's.
You heard it here first folks!
First up, Khachapuri.
It's a Georgian sort of bread like pizza. There's an unlimited amount of possible toppings, and it can be enjoyed at any time of day, so it's a winner for me! Now Khachapuri is generally just named as the basic cheese one, and I'm not sure what it is called with added toppings, but it's a totally awesome and very filling meal!
Next up, the dumplings. Khxinkali.
My most favourite Georgian food!
They are these delicious little (okay actually quite large pastry parcels) filled with meats and juices. In fact, the traditional Georgian way to eat them is to hold the sideways by the stem, to eat the sides, and then drink the juice inside.
If you are cack handed like me, it gets very messy very quickly. In fact, the first time I had them, an old Georgian lady with a mop had to clean the floor after I had finished eating. And they go very well with pear lemonade too!
(Possibly the sexiest bottle I've ever been given)
And of course, the Georgians love BBQ. Mcvadi if I remember correctly. And the bonus is, nobody gives you a dirty or dissaproving look when you order the veal!
And of course, Georgia does awesome milkshakes too!
I really wish I could have eaten out more. Georgia is a very affordable country by English standards, and so I ate out quite a few more times than I probably should have done! That's the only problem with travelling, sometimes you've just got to eat cheaply, in order to pay for a entrance ticket, or a bus fare, or to see another sight.
But in all honesty, the food in Georgia is better than Italy's.
You heard it here first folks!









Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!