Trabzon
I was sad to leave Georgia. For nearly a month I had been there, and I absolutely loved it.
But now I headed to Turkey, and my first stop was Trabzon. A bustling industrial city on the coast of the black sea, I was surprised by it, after all, my research hadn't told me much about it. While it's not got masses of sights and museums, it has a fabulous atmosphere, and just walking though it's streets and bazaars is a wonderful experience in itself.
These pictures are from the main park in Trabzon, it was beautiful, surrounded by the castle walls have it a very dramatic look. And yes, I made some feathered friends while I was there!
These two pictures are from the Trabzon Museum. A stunning ottoman house filled with ottoman furniture and design, giving you a real feel for how rich ottomans lived. Trabzon dosnt get many English visitors (if at all) so be aware there's very little English translations anywhere across the cities musuem.
My first ever Turkish meal! :D
Next stop, Kars and Ani!
But now I headed to Turkey, and my first stop was Trabzon. A bustling industrial city on the coast of the black sea, I was surprised by it, after all, my research hadn't told me much about it. While it's not got masses of sights and museums, it has a fabulous atmosphere, and just walking though it's streets and bazaars is a wonderful experience in itself.
These pictures are from the main park in Trabzon, it was beautiful, surrounded by the castle walls have it a very dramatic look. And yes, I made some feathered friends while I was there!
These two pictures are from the Trabzon Museum. A stunning ottoman house filled with ottoman furniture and design, giving you a real feel for how rich ottomans lived. Trabzon dosnt get many English visitors (if at all) so be aware there's very little English translations anywhere across the cities musuem.
My first ever Turkish meal! :D
Next stop, Kars and Ani!







Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!