Kars
Hello everyone!
Good grief, I cannot believe after the memories of the last night bus journey, I decided to do it again. However, I figured that it would leave me the day free either side to see and do more things.
However, I arrived at Kars looking like something out of the exorcist, having been awake for over 24 hours. Just like being back at work! Again, there was no hostel in Kars, so I managed to get the cheapest hotel room possible. It was a bit grim, but it was nice to have some privacy. There's not much in Kars, I went to the museum, where I caused a scene. I had been walking to the museum, when I smacked my head on a low hanging sign. Seeing stars, I managed to make it to the museum, and arrived with blood my hands and a raging concussion. Despite speaking no English, the lady in the museum helped me clean myself up, and gave me a cup of Turkish chai. So much chai! Everywhere you go you get given a cup of chai. In restaurants, cafes, even while I was sat in the waiting room of the bus company waiting for my bus to Van, I was given chai.
Kars has a fair amount of livestock roaming free. These ducks were sat opposite me watching me root though my bag. I nearly killed the lot of them, when I opened a pack of crackers and they all came running across the road. Luckily the man in the car managed to avoid flattening them all.This was the big castle in Kars. It's in fairly good nik, and it was nice to wonder though, as you get a free rein to go just about anywhere. Plus it was free, which was just as good.
This is Pide. It's a sort of Turkish flat bread, with all kinds of yummy toppings and flavours. Believe me, Turkish cuisine is not just about kebabs! (Döner or otherwise!)
And this random thing, was actually a public telephone. Random, but funky.
I also did a day trip to Ani from Kars, which is coming up next






Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!