Borjomi
Next up on my tour of Georgia was Borjomi. Now you see mineral water from Borjomi everywhere in Georgia, it is the water every restaurant and cafe gives you. To me, it's not so nice, it has a funny after taste for me, but I was intrigued, and wanted to visit the place itself.
It's a beautiful little town, hugging mountains and the river alike. The Borjomi water park is stunning, a little brash and OTT, as it contains theme park rides, hot dog stands, children's play areas, all kinds of attractions, just in case the water and the park itself was not enough to entice you. It's got some beautiful hiking trails, although the one I followed dissappeared, and I had to follow the road until it reappeared again. But it was an enjoyable peaceful few days, especially welcome after the hustle and bustle of Tbilisi.
The pavilion where you can taste the Borjomi water, fresh from the river
The statue of Prometheus, next to the waterfall.
This bottle was filled and sealed in 1890! I wonder if it has aged like a fine wine?
Borjomi is great for a few days peace and quiet. There's a small town little museum there, as well as some good places to eat. The Mcvadi (Georgian BBQ) was especially good here.
It's a beautiful little town, hugging mountains and the river alike. The Borjomi water park is stunning, a little brash and OTT, as it contains theme park rides, hot dog stands, children's play areas, all kinds of attractions, just in case the water and the park itself was not enough to entice you. It's got some beautiful hiking trails, although the one I followed dissappeared, and I had to follow the road until it reappeared again. But it was an enjoyable peaceful few days, especially welcome after the hustle and bustle of Tbilisi.
The pavilion where you can taste the Borjomi water, fresh from the river
The statue of Prometheus, next to the waterfall.
This bottle was filled and sealed in 1890! I wonder if it has aged like a fine wine?
Borjomi is great for a few days peace and quiet. There's a small town little museum there, as well as some good places to eat. The Mcvadi (Georgian BBQ) was especially good here.




Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!