Jurmala

Jurmala is Latvia's seaside town. It's a charming yet quiet place, and the beach is exquisite. Clear waters, clean beach, it's a joy to be on. I was desperate to have a little paddle, but it was freezing, so I went paddling with my boots on. It did the trick!




You can see I pretty much had the beach to myself! It was the same at the boardwalks, just north of Jurmala. A beautiful bog and nature reserve with a boardwalk running the length of it. Its stunning and wild, and that's what makes it quite so enjoyable.




It's a massive walk from the boardwalks to the beach at Jurmala. I did it, but felt like my feet were broken by the end of it. There is a mini bus that runs occasionally, but you're pretty lucky if you are able to catch it. If not, you can always walk back to the train station and catch the train a couple of stops to Jurmala central (although it's not actually called that, double check before you go)

At the boardwalks, theres a small wooden tower you can climb, which gives you some great views. It's also the perfect place to have a picnic, if it's not too cold and windy! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino