Isle of wight
The isle of Wight is a small island just south of where I live. It's where a lot of people from this part of the country go for holidays or weekend breaks, because it's nice, warm and has lots to do.
We started (surprise surprise) by visiting a petting zoo. I was a little cautious with the llama's but they seemed to love James. there was a slight incident with a pig. I reached down to pet and feed the pig, but the pig jumped up at me. I pilled the food all over the place, when the pig knocked my hand and then showered me in mud. At least one of us got what we wanted!
The view as we came into the port of Cowes
Beautiful scenery and views make the Isle of wight a good destination, not to mention the fact theres lots of walking trails, beaches and history!
Now I will admit, when James said there was a roman villa on the isle of Wight (called Vectis during the roman era) I was a little dubious. Most of the roman remains we have in England are often little bits of wall, or the occasional fort buildings, so I wasn't holding much hope for it. I was truely surprised though. It was small, but it had some beautiful mosaic's, and it was really well looked after. Brading Roman villa is on the east side of the island. When we arrived it was chucking it down with rain and there was a howling gale, so we couldn't explore the grounds, but it was still really good to visit. There was even an opportunity to make your own mosaics using little foam pieces, and I decided to make a tree with mine.
Well worth a visit!
We started (surprise surprise) by visiting a petting zoo. I was a little cautious with the llama's but they seemed to love James. there was a slight incident with a pig. I reached down to pet and feed the pig, but the pig jumped up at me. I pilled the food all over the place, when the pig knocked my hand and then showered me in mud. At least one of us got what we wanted!
The view as we came into the port of Cowes
Beautiful scenery and views make the Isle of wight a good destination, not to mention the fact theres lots of walking trails, beaches and history!
Now I will admit, when James said there was a roman villa on the isle of Wight (called Vectis during the roman era) I was a little dubious. Most of the roman remains we have in England are often little bits of wall, or the occasional fort buildings, so I wasn't holding much hope for it. I was truely surprised though. It was small, but it had some beautiful mosaic's, and it was really well looked after. Brading Roman villa is on the east side of the island. When we arrived it was chucking it down with rain and there was a howling gale, so we couldn't explore the grounds, but it was still really good to visit. There was even an opportunity to make your own mosaics using little foam pieces, and I decided to make a tree with mine.









Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!