Munich Part 3
Like everywhere, there are low points to Munich too. It's expensive, almost prohibitively so, I ended up paying nearly 30 euro a night in a basic and not particularly great hostel. Its busy, everywhere you go, there are masses of people, and thankfully I had arrived outside of Oktoberfest. The other thing about Munich, is that while it is a very safe city, there are a lot of beggars and dodgy looking people about, lurking about especially in the subway stations. Just avoid anywhere that looks a bit dodgy and you'll be fine.
And that brings me nicely onto Munich's worst museum. The Deutches museum. It starts off okay, you go through a crazy coatroom, and into the engineering section, where you're pushed though a massive recreation of a coal mine, which is dated, but interesting, although there is very little in English. But after that, it goes downhill. It's really badly laid out. Now they are doing building works and some of the exhibits have been moved, but even so, there was real confusion over where things were, and what was in them. The museum didn't flow to me, and I came away a bit miffed, particularly at the steep entrance prices and the fact it was so rammed with unruly kids, it had made it impossible to enjoy.
The bustling but nice Victuals market (also called Viktualienmarkt) is a real pleasure to explore. There's all kinds of food, drinks, flowers, books and ornaments (even Christmas ones in the end of October!) and it's a great place to explore. I even got a little model squirrel for Jame there too, whom I have called Manny.
Isn't he sweet? He currently lives in a little bowl on James's desk, protecting keys, small change and a piece of Roman pot.
Now Munich should be a place all you kinksters visit too. It's home to Parus Leder, one of the best sellers and designers of gear possible. I went in to treat myself to one thing, and ended up buying 5 things, of which all are fun and made of strong hard cold steel. :D
Yes, that really is everything that is purchased. I spent a frightening amount, but it was well worth it. It's always worth popping in if you're visiting Munich. The guy that was there when I was there was very friendly, helpful and got it all ready to be sent to my home for me. There was no way all that was going to fit into my rucksack, and nor would I be strong enough to carry it!
To recap, Munich is a really pleasant, modern and interesting city and if you havn't been to Germany before, I recommend Munich first. And to everyone else that has been to Germany, but not Munich, visit if you can. You won't be disappointed. And you'll be very surprised as to how different Munich and Berlin are to each other.
Here's just a few more pictures of Munich. Enjoy.
Yes, you really can go surfing in Munich!
And no I did'nt try it either!
And that brings me nicely onto Munich's worst museum. The Deutches museum. It starts off okay, you go through a crazy coatroom, and into the engineering section, where you're pushed though a massive recreation of a coal mine, which is dated, but interesting, although there is very little in English. But after that, it goes downhill. It's really badly laid out. Now they are doing building works and some of the exhibits have been moved, but even so, there was real confusion over where things were, and what was in them. The museum didn't flow to me, and I came away a bit miffed, particularly at the steep entrance prices and the fact it was so rammed with unruly kids, it had made it impossible to enjoy.
The bustling but nice Victuals market (also called Viktualienmarkt) is a real pleasure to explore. There's all kinds of food, drinks, flowers, books and ornaments (even Christmas ones in the end of October!) and it's a great place to explore. I even got a little model squirrel for Jame there too, whom I have called Manny.
Isn't he sweet? He currently lives in a little bowl on James's desk, protecting keys, small change and a piece of Roman pot.
Now Munich should be a place all you kinksters visit too. It's home to Parus Leder, one of the best sellers and designers of gear possible. I went in to treat myself to one thing, and ended up buying 5 things, of which all are fun and made of strong hard cold steel. :D
Yes, that really is everything that is purchased. I spent a frightening amount, but it was well worth it. It's always worth popping in if you're visiting Munich. The guy that was there when I was there was very friendly, helpful and got it all ready to be sent to my home for me. There was no way all that was going to fit into my rucksack, and nor would I be strong enough to carry it!
To recap, Munich is a really pleasant, modern and interesting city and if you havn't been to Germany before, I recommend Munich first. And to everyone else that has been to Germany, but not Munich, visit if you can. You won't be disappointed. And you'll be very surprised as to how different Munich and Berlin are to each other.
Here's just a few more pictures of Munich. Enjoy.
Yes, you really can go surfing in Munich!
And no I did'nt try it either!














Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!