Kaunas

From Riga, I headed to Lithuania's second city, Kaunas.
To be honest, there wasn't a great deal of interest there, and the few things that were available to do, were either closed and in much need of restoration (Like the funicular railway) or were simply uninteresting.

The city museum in the centre was a nice little distraction for an hour, and I arrived just as a wedding was taking place, so I was sent down to start in the basement, where they had several little rooms with some bits and pieces in.




The little black booths had pieces of art in them, but it was made to feel very seedy, the way you had to peer in at each one, despite it just being portraits, and nothing particularly offensive.

 Apparently, Lithuanian's are absolutely crazy about basketball. Who knew?


I was a bit dissapointed by Kaunas, from what I had heard, it was supposidly the best city in Lithuania. But anyway, roll on Klaipeda and Vilnius!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino