Poznan

First up, Poznan is home to Europe's greatest hot dogs. I'm not even kidding you. They are huge, loaded with onions and coated in the most amazing of sauces. Just head to the main square, and one of the little roads coming off it (Franciszkanska i think) and its the first stop. They seriously rock!

Frida Kahlo is one of the worlds best known and most recognisable artists, and with good reason. Her ability to express so much using colour and simple brushstrokes is simply extraordinary. There was an exhibition of her work on in Poznan while I was there, and it was so interesting, particularly in regards to her personal life. The exhibition I think has finished, but it might be worth keeping an eye out for if you're still near Poznan.


That aside, there's not masses to do in Poznan, its got a nice park to go walking in, and some nice pieces of art dotted around the centre plus some brightly painted old town buildings. It's also very well connected to Germany, which is where I caught a night bus from to Munich, to explore more of the penultimate country I was visiting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino