Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 15
Day 15- Three pet peeves.
OOOOHHHHH. Now where do we start! It's hard to limit myself to just three, but here we go.
The first, is when people are so English centric, it is stupid. I told somebody at work about the Returned last week, and they were really interested until I mentioned it was in French, but it was subtitled.
"Oh I won't bother then. I can't be bothered to read the whole way through. Is there an English dubbed version?"
"No, but the subtitles arn't too fast, and it's a well told story, so they are just to fill any gaps really"
"Nahh, mind you if it's French it's probably bloody pretentious"
Seething didn't even come close to it. But it's the same for a lot of thing's. Because it isn't in English, people don't give a damn, and it blimming winds me up. There is so much else out there, music, literature, even film wise, and you are missing out on so much!
The second, is the people that are eternally ill. I work in close proximity with three people like that. One has a back back, weird bony feet, is constantly lethargic, and allergic to most things. The second, has a bad back and a bad hip. And the worst one of all, has a bad back, a bad shoulder, bad knee's and ankles, suffer's from migrane's, frequently has the run's, eye problems, and is literally a walking dispensery. It's ridiculous. There are other people I work with who have problems, but it isn't the be all or end all. In fact the four most ill people, come in, work bloody hard, and go home again without a fuss. I can't be doing with people desperate for sympathy on a daily basis. We all have problems, but there is a time and a place for it.
The third point is bruises. I hate them. They go all manner of colour's and shapes, and they disgust me. Not only do I bruise easily, but i'm an accident prone klutz as well, so I end up walking around looking like I've been in a fight with Muhammed Ali, Amir Khan and Rocky Balboa, and lost badly. Even looking at my arm's now, I have two small brown bruises (No idea where from) by my wrist, one on my knuckle, a gross green one above my elbow as well as about a hundred scratches, and a small dent on the underside of my arm where I'm leant on the table in an awkward way. It's terrible, and on more than one occasion, someone has taken me aside and asked if my partner has been beating me. Sometime's the sexual position's and toy's I use can leave marks, but explaining that to your Grandma is a bit of a difficult one. Or they ask if my parent's beat me, and once I said yes they did, with a hammer, and the police nearly had a phone call from a concerned college teacher. (I will add I was joking, although my teacher didn't find it nearly as amusing as I did)
Thats three main peeves I have, but there are countless more!
Actually saying that, another one being people who are trouser blind. They cannot tell a skinny trouser froma wide leg trouser. People who merge black, navy and brown all together. People who thinkg just because it's black, it must be the same thing. Watch out you lot, I'm coming to get you.
Everytime I come to work I spend time out of my working day to sort out Formal Trouser's. The amount people struggle with it, you'd think it was fecking rocket science. Rant over.
You can imagine how my night shift has been. After sorting all the sale out, and tidying the entire Ladieswear department, I went into trouser's to discover a bomb site. I then decided to take a break. Now my break is over, I have to face the trial. Wish me luck.
OOOOHHHHH. Now where do we start! It's hard to limit myself to just three, but here we go.
The first, is when people are so English centric, it is stupid. I told somebody at work about the Returned last week, and they were really interested until I mentioned it was in French, but it was subtitled.
"Oh I won't bother then. I can't be bothered to read the whole way through. Is there an English dubbed version?"
"No, but the subtitles arn't too fast, and it's a well told story, so they are just to fill any gaps really"
"Nahh, mind you if it's French it's probably bloody pretentious"
Seething didn't even come close to it. But it's the same for a lot of thing's. Because it isn't in English, people don't give a damn, and it blimming winds me up. There is so much else out there, music, literature, even film wise, and you are missing out on so much!
The second, is the people that are eternally ill. I work in close proximity with three people like that. One has a back back, weird bony feet, is constantly lethargic, and allergic to most things. The second, has a bad back and a bad hip. And the worst one of all, has a bad back, a bad shoulder, bad knee's and ankles, suffer's from migrane's, frequently has the run's, eye problems, and is literally a walking dispensery. It's ridiculous. There are other people I work with who have problems, but it isn't the be all or end all. In fact the four most ill people, come in, work bloody hard, and go home again without a fuss. I can't be doing with people desperate for sympathy on a daily basis. We all have problems, but there is a time and a place for it.
The third point is bruises. I hate them. They go all manner of colour's and shapes, and they disgust me. Not only do I bruise easily, but i'm an accident prone klutz as well, so I end up walking around looking like I've been in a fight with Muhammed Ali, Amir Khan and Rocky Balboa, and lost badly. Even looking at my arm's now, I have two small brown bruises (No idea where from) by my wrist, one on my knuckle, a gross green one above my elbow as well as about a hundred scratches, and a small dent on the underside of my arm where I'm leant on the table in an awkward way. It's terrible, and on more than one occasion, someone has taken me aside and asked if my partner has been beating me. Sometime's the sexual position's and toy's I use can leave marks, but explaining that to your Grandma is a bit of a difficult one. Or they ask if my parent's beat me, and once I said yes they did, with a hammer, and the police nearly had a phone call from a concerned college teacher. (I will add I was joking, although my teacher didn't find it nearly as amusing as I did)
Thats three main peeves I have, but there are countless more!
Actually saying that, another one being people who are trouser blind. They cannot tell a skinny trouser froma wide leg trouser. People who merge black, navy and brown all together. People who thinkg just because it's black, it must be the same thing. Watch out you lot, I'm coming to get you.
Everytime I come to work I spend time out of my working day to sort out Formal Trouser's. The amount people struggle with it, you'd think it was fecking rocket science. Rant over.
You can imagine how my night shift has been. After sorting all the sale out, and tidying the entire Ladieswear department, I went into trouser's to discover a bomb site. I then decided to take a break. Now my break is over, I have to face the trial. Wish me luck.
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!