Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 6
Day 6-Someone who fascinates you and why.
Now this is an interesting question, there are many people that fascinate me, like notable people, Yulia Tymoshenko, Barack Obama, even Lenin. There are celebrities, Like Nicola Robert's, Sofiya Rotaru, and even people close to me, Like my mum, My friend Sarah, and Doreen from work. But someone who really fascinates me is myself.
Now this must sound very big headed, but I think we can all agree. We (ourselves) are the most fascinating people, because we know so much about ourselves, yet we know so little. We all have those moment's when we do thing's, and have no idea why. We like thing's without any reason why, and we find thing's scary for no apparent reason.
Take me for example. I grew up in a working class family, my parent's working in low income jobs to give us a small but nice house to live in. We did normal thing's, like watch tv on a Saturday morning before visiting my grandparents, we went out for day's out to old country house's, went to the isle of Wight occasionally, I did averagely at school, and generally had a fairly normal, typical English upbringing.
So if that's the case, then why on earth do I love eastern European music so much? Even though I don't really understand what's going on, I still sing and dance along in my bedroom by myself.
Why do I love cold soup or spaghetti bolognaise for breakfast? Why not cereal?
Why do I love offensively coloured bedding, when my parent's only ever gave us muted colours?
Why do I want to go to place's that no one else really fancies? Ie Bulgaria, Serbia and Estonia.
It's questions, that probably we will never know the answer to, I can hazard a few guesses, but there is no concrete ideas.
The other thing that fascinates me, is how we surprise ourselves. When we know we can't do something, something horrifically difficult, yet we manage to push ourselves to accomplish it. When we have no faith in something, but we still continue with it, our determination to see thing's through.
Sorry I've just realized how off topic I have gotten. But like I say, the most fascinating person is you. Nobody else has ever done that same thing's as you, and in the same order, with the same flair. So if anyone ever ask's you "Who fascinates you?" Always say yourself, because you are the most fascinating.
Now this is an interesting question, there are many people that fascinate me, like notable people, Yulia Tymoshenko, Barack Obama, even Lenin. There are celebrities, Like Nicola Robert's, Sofiya Rotaru, and even people close to me, Like my mum, My friend Sarah, and Doreen from work. But someone who really fascinates me is myself.
Now this must sound very big headed, but I think we can all agree. We (ourselves) are the most fascinating people, because we know so much about ourselves, yet we know so little. We all have those moment's when we do thing's, and have no idea why. We like thing's without any reason why, and we find thing's scary for no apparent reason.
Take me for example. I grew up in a working class family, my parent's working in low income jobs to give us a small but nice house to live in. We did normal thing's, like watch tv on a Saturday morning before visiting my grandparents, we went out for day's out to old country house's, went to the isle of Wight occasionally, I did averagely at school, and generally had a fairly normal, typical English upbringing.
So if that's the case, then why on earth do I love eastern European music so much? Even though I don't really understand what's going on, I still sing and dance along in my bedroom by myself.
Why do I love cold soup or spaghetti bolognaise for breakfast? Why not cereal?
Why do I love offensively coloured bedding, when my parent's only ever gave us muted colours?
Why do I want to go to place's that no one else really fancies? Ie Bulgaria, Serbia and Estonia.
It's questions, that probably we will never know the answer to, I can hazard a few guesses, but there is no concrete ideas.
The other thing that fascinates me, is how we surprise ourselves. When we know we can't do something, something horrifically difficult, yet we manage to push ourselves to accomplish it. When we have no faith in something, but we still continue with it, our determination to see thing's through.
Sorry I've just realized how off topic I have gotten. But like I say, the most fascinating person is you. Nobody else has ever done that same thing's as you, and in the same order, with the same flair. So if anyone ever ask's you "Who fascinates you?" Always say yourself, because you are the most fascinating.
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!