Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 7

Good evening, I hope everyone is doing okay. Here's day 7, and I'll have a wee chat with you afterwards.

Day 7- What tattoo's you have and if they have meaning.
Believe it or not, I don't actually have any tattoo's, although I would like a little token one somewhere. Something, a little bit kooky, a bit different, something a bit odd. I guess I had better start thinking of a design then!
Although not a tattoo, but a permanent mark, I do have a scar on my forehead from when I was about twelve, thirteen, from a rope swing. My granddad had tied a big chunk of wood to a tree branch at the bottom of the garden, and we all used to swing on it like over excited chimps. In fact, I think it's still there. But my cousin's were on it, and one of them swung it, and it smacked me right in the forehead. Two inches lower, and I would have been blinded in one eye. I remember the blood spurting out my head, and my aunt rushing me up to the house. Needless to say, I had a thumping headache for over a week, and an impressive scar to show for it.
I also have plenty of stretch marks, on my back, the top's of my thigh's, and just by my armpits. I call them stretch marks, but a lot of people fancy the term "tiger stripes". Well whatever they are called, they are from when I had a massive growth spurt when I was younger. I used to absolutely hate them, the one's on my arm's and thigh's are quite pale and not too noticeable, but the one's on my back were bright purple. I was so self concious of them, that I used to keep a t-shirt on all the time, even while sleeping with someone.They have gotten better over time, a mixture of natural fading, a lot of bio oil and moisturising all the time, but I still notice them, and they don't tend to bother me too much. Thankfully James has never said anything about them, because I do think about them, not too much when we are together, but if we go swimming together, and thing's like that.
I know James has his fault's, just like we all do, but I have never met someone who make's me feel so comfortable in my own skin. Seriously, even my big nose, lazy eye, my snow white body, or even my bony joint's bother him. I honestly feel beautiful around him, and that's something everyone should feel, even if it is just one evening a week.
But to answer the question, no I don't have a tattoo, but when I get one, I'll make sure you all know first.



But anyway, I have finally started my night shift's permanently now. I worked last night, putting out the hundred or so bloody Christmas tree's, garlands and present boxes all over the sales floor. It's only once a year thank god. Tomorrow night I'm doing some work in formal trouser's, petite and tailoring, and whatever else I'm needed to do. So tonight's I'm having a nice relaxing night. I've just caught up with the second episode of the new series of the Returned. Oh my god, the ending left my breathless. If you haven't ever seen it, I would whole heartedly recommend it. It's one of those show's that really makes you think.
I'm now going to sit in the chair for a couple of hour's and read a book James leant me, then watch a film, then have a snack and do some writing. If I can, I might try and squeeze a nice bubble bath in as well. Oh my, it is hard work being me :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino