Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 20
Day 20- Put your iPod on shuffle and write the first 3 songs that play and what your thought is.
Well this should be a nice on to do.
Okay so the first song that played is Something, by Dutch band Lasgo. I'd never actually heard this song, til I was round Sarah's one night, probably before a night out, so we were no doubt stuffing our faces with Chinese food and drinking, while having a gossip fest. It was playing on clubland tv (A channel I usually try my best to avoid) and instantly I fell in love with the song. It's got this proper good, sort of synth accent running the whole way through it, and it's bloody catchy. It's got such a good baseline it's brilliant for a night shift, blaring it loudly over my speakers.
Next up we have Fame by Irene Cara. I am stretching and putting my leg warmer's on as we speak. A relative newcomer to my itunes, it's a bloody catchy song, and it's so hard not to scream the lyric's while you do a handstand/back flip/splits/roly poly/ high kicks when it plays. (Yes of course I can do all of those) It's got that hint of an electric guitar, and a proper keyboard mix that just seems to make you become a crazy dance trained teen. (Which of course I am!)
And finally, Hey Mickey by Toni Basil. While it's a really catchy song, it's one I tend to skip a lot, purely because it gets irritating when you hear it too often. Saying that, I remember being slightly sloshed while this was playing at a friends wedding reception, convinced that I knew all the words, while dancing with Linda. She told me she liked my scarf, which I had draped over my shoulders like a cape. That bloody scarf, I spent most of the night slipping on it, til I threw it at my mum in annoyance. As you can imagine she wasn't too impressed.
That was a nice one, I hope the rest are like that!
So today was mostly a relaxing day, I met Sandra and Kim at the pub for a few drinks, and I had some dinner. I had dinner because I thought I was meeting Sarah afterwards, and as I hadn't eaten yet, I figured it would be best to line my stomach. She didn't turn up, presumably because having sex with her boyfriend is more important than seeing friends, but then again, that's the way it's been recently, and probably a sign of things to come.
But anyway, me Kim and Sandra had a bloody good time, in between Sandra leaving her phone at work, and then causing carnage on the bus, we were laughing the whole way through. It was good to be able to relax with a drink, because I haven't had a good chat with them, In particular Sandra, since I started nights.
I'm working Monday, right through to Thursday night, and it's our weekend off, so I'm hoping we can all meet up and do something together. That would be really good.
Well this should be a nice on to do.
Okay so the first song that played is Something, by Dutch band Lasgo. I'd never actually heard this song, til I was round Sarah's one night, probably before a night out, so we were no doubt stuffing our faces with Chinese food and drinking, while having a gossip fest. It was playing on clubland tv (A channel I usually try my best to avoid) and instantly I fell in love with the song. It's got this proper good, sort of synth accent running the whole way through it, and it's bloody catchy. It's got such a good baseline it's brilliant for a night shift, blaring it loudly over my speakers.
Next up we have Fame by Irene Cara. I am stretching and putting my leg warmer's on as we speak. A relative newcomer to my itunes, it's a bloody catchy song, and it's so hard not to scream the lyric's while you do a handstand/back flip/splits/roly poly/ high kicks when it plays. (Yes of course I can do all of those) It's got that hint of an electric guitar, and a proper keyboard mix that just seems to make you become a crazy dance trained teen. (Which of course I am!)
And finally, Hey Mickey by Toni Basil. While it's a really catchy song, it's one I tend to skip a lot, purely because it gets irritating when you hear it too often. Saying that, I remember being slightly sloshed while this was playing at a friends wedding reception, convinced that I knew all the words, while dancing with Linda. She told me she liked my scarf, which I had draped over my shoulders like a cape. That bloody scarf, I spent most of the night slipping on it, til I threw it at my mum in annoyance. As you can imagine she wasn't too impressed.
That was a nice one, I hope the rest are like that!
So today was mostly a relaxing day, I met Sandra and Kim at the pub for a few drinks, and I had some dinner. I had dinner because I thought I was meeting Sarah afterwards, and as I hadn't eaten yet, I figured it would be best to line my stomach. She didn't turn up, presumably because having sex with her boyfriend is more important than seeing friends, but then again, that's the way it's been recently, and probably a sign of things to come.
But anyway, me Kim and Sandra had a bloody good time, in between Sandra leaving her phone at work, and then causing carnage on the bus, we were laughing the whole way through. It was good to be able to relax with a drink, because I haven't had a good chat with them, In particular Sandra, since I started nights.
I'm working Monday, right through to Thursday night, and it's our weekend off, so I'm hoping we can all meet up and do something together. That would be really good.
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!