Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 19
Hello, good evening, I hope everyone is well. Me and mum survived a trip to Salisbury together today, and I didn't even try to leave her there! More from me, after the post.
Day 19- Five fears that you have.
1) That I will never earn enough money to be able to live well. For me, I want to own my own home, that is one of my man goals. But I really worry whether I will actually be able to do it by myself. I don't want to rent, and unless I'm with someone, I don't want to be buying with someone I don't really know. I just need my own space, somewhere I can breathe, I can be creative, I don't have to let silly thing's worry me, and I can have a good time.
2)That I will be stuck at work forever. I think that's a fear many people have. I have nothing against working, in fact I love to work, and I love that I feel needed while I am there, but I just can't deal with the constant crap there, and I need to be somewhere that treats it's employees with respect.If worse comes to worse, I will have to move up the ladder, there's no way I can stay at the bottom rung forever.
3)That I will be attacked one day. Obviously being gay makes me an easy target for people who are spoiling for a fight. There have been times, especially out clubbing, where someone has started, and I have genuinely thought this is the end, they are going to hurt me. No one should have to worry about that, it' incredible that even now, in 2015, people cannot just lay their differences aside and get on with one another. But with what has just happened in Paris, it make's everyone, not just gay people, or Muslim's, Jew's or women, nervous that if someone don't like you, or doesn't understand your culture and way of life, then they will come find you, bringing bombs and guns with them.
4) That I will be forgotten. It's a feeling I get quite often, usually as a downside to working night's, although I do feel it when I'm working in the day sometimes as well. I'm not an attention seeker by any means, but I like people to acknowledge me and my presence. Recently, I have not seen many of my close friends, they are all spending time with new partner's, new hobbies and new places. Working night's, gives me more free time then I normally have, yet everyone has just disappeared away from me. I really worry that one day I will come into work and someone will say "Who are you?"
5) That my friends will never happy. A couple of my friend's are going through some really tough times at the moment, the same as millions of people round the world. I worry that they may not come through this as the same person, let alone coming through at all. They know who they are, and I wish and hope them well.
But let's try to end the post on a positive note. Me and Mum went to see Jane Wenham, the witch of Walkern. While I don't think mum quite got it, it was a moving play about a woman, deemed to be a witch, and what the dangers of mob justice, and jumping on a wagon. It made some interesting points, mainly about how important science, justice and rational thinking is, especially in sensitive cases when murder is accused, but also, it highlight's one of the main evil's of the world, religious fervour and extremism. The play, set in 1712, focus's on the aftermath of a witch-hunt, where a young girls mother is accused, and then hanged, despite no solid evidence, the accusation's based solely on hearsay and personal hatred. The young girl, seeks advice and guidance from her mother's friend, Jane Wenham, who after the death of a young girl in the village, is accused of murder.
Sadly, it was the penultimate show, but bloody hell was it good. If you ever see it advertised anywhere, go and see it. It really does open your mind.
Day 19- Five fears that you have.
1) That I will never earn enough money to be able to live well. For me, I want to own my own home, that is one of my man goals. But I really worry whether I will actually be able to do it by myself. I don't want to rent, and unless I'm with someone, I don't want to be buying with someone I don't really know. I just need my own space, somewhere I can breathe, I can be creative, I don't have to let silly thing's worry me, and I can have a good time.
2)That I will be stuck at work forever. I think that's a fear many people have. I have nothing against working, in fact I love to work, and I love that I feel needed while I am there, but I just can't deal with the constant crap there, and I need to be somewhere that treats it's employees with respect.If worse comes to worse, I will have to move up the ladder, there's no way I can stay at the bottom rung forever.
3)That I will be attacked one day. Obviously being gay makes me an easy target for people who are spoiling for a fight. There have been times, especially out clubbing, where someone has started, and I have genuinely thought this is the end, they are going to hurt me. No one should have to worry about that, it' incredible that even now, in 2015, people cannot just lay their differences aside and get on with one another. But with what has just happened in Paris, it make's everyone, not just gay people, or Muslim's, Jew's or women, nervous that if someone don't like you, or doesn't understand your culture and way of life, then they will come find you, bringing bombs and guns with them.
4) That I will be forgotten. It's a feeling I get quite often, usually as a downside to working night's, although I do feel it when I'm working in the day sometimes as well. I'm not an attention seeker by any means, but I like people to acknowledge me and my presence. Recently, I have not seen many of my close friends, they are all spending time with new partner's, new hobbies and new places. Working night's, gives me more free time then I normally have, yet everyone has just disappeared away from me. I really worry that one day I will come into work and someone will say "Who are you?"
5) That my friends will never happy. A couple of my friend's are going through some really tough times at the moment, the same as millions of people round the world. I worry that they may not come through this as the same person, let alone coming through at all. They know who they are, and I wish and hope them well.
But let's try to end the post on a positive note. Me and Mum went to see Jane Wenham, the witch of Walkern. While I don't think mum quite got it, it was a moving play about a woman, deemed to be a witch, and what the dangers of mob justice, and jumping on a wagon. It made some interesting points, mainly about how important science, justice and rational thinking is, especially in sensitive cases when murder is accused, but also, it highlight's one of the main evil's of the world, religious fervour and extremism. The play, set in 1712, focus's on the aftermath of a witch-hunt, where a young girls mother is accused, and then hanged, despite no solid evidence, the accusation's based solely on hearsay and personal hatred. The young girl, seeks advice and guidance from her mother's friend, Jane Wenham, who after the death of a young girl in the village, is accused of murder.
Sadly, it was the penultimate show, but bloody hell was it good. If you ever see it advertised anywhere, go and see it. It really does open your mind.
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!