Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 8
Good morning! (Or afternoon, I'm not really sure what is what any more!)
Day 8- A book you love, and one you didn't.
Gosh now this is a difficult one, I love books, and picking out one is impossible. One book I have read many times, and thoroughly enjoy each time, is The Time Traveller's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger. It is an absolutely beautiful book. In case anyone hasn't read it, I won't go into details, but you really get a feel for one of the main characters, Claire. While her husband is disappearing and reappearing at random intervals, she is left to cope and make sure her world, and their daughter's, remains stable. It's a heart wrenching book, it really is, and it is written is such a caring, yet brutal style, you don't know whether you are coming or going, and neither do the characters.
A book I really didn't like was the last Harry Potter book. Actually make that the last two. The series was so strong up to that point, it was inevitable that they were going to decline at some point. I loved Harry Potter growing up, and I was desperate for each book as it came out. I did like the films, but unusually, some films were better than the books. For me Chamber of Secret's was better as a film, whereas Prisoner of Azkaban was a boring film, and much better in the book. The last two just didn't have the action, and actually, I really enjoyed reading about what they used to learn about at Hogwarts, and the wizarding world in general, I didn't really like the soap styled story when they were camping out in the forest. But that's just my personal taste.
But there we go, I expect a load of Harry Potter fan's camped outside my house now with flaming pitchforks and angry placards. I look forward to it!
Day 8- A book you love, and one you didn't.
Gosh now this is a difficult one, I love books, and picking out one is impossible. One book I have read many times, and thoroughly enjoy each time, is The Time Traveller's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger. It is an absolutely beautiful book. In case anyone hasn't read it, I won't go into details, but you really get a feel for one of the main characters, Claire. While her husband is disappearing and reappearing at random intervals, she is left to cope and make sure her world, and their daughter's, remains stable. It's a heart wrenching book, it really is, and it is written is such a caring, yet brutal style, you don't know whether you are coming or going, and neither do the characters.
A book I really didn't like was the last Harry Potter book. Actually make that the last two. The series was so strong up to that point, it was inevitable that they were going to decline at some point. I loved Harry Potter growing up, and I was desperate for each book as it came out. I did like the films, but unusually, some films were better than the books. For me Chamber of Secret's was better as a film, whereas Prisoner of Azkaban was a boring film, and much better in the book. The last two just didn't have the action, and actually, I really enjoyed reading about what they used to learn about at Hogwarts, and the wizarding world in general, I didn't really like the soap styled story when they were camping out in the forest. But that's just my personal taste.
But there we go, I expect a load of Harry Potter fan's camped outside my house now with flaming pitchforks and angry placards. I look forward to it!
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!