Thirty Day Writing Challenge- Day 18
So I survived my week of horrendous night-shifts, but more on that after today's post.
Day 18- Your favourite colour and why.
Now this is a difficult one. I like a lot of colours, and I couldn't really tell you why. I suppose it's something to do with the way our brain's perceive colour, and how we emotionally react to them. For me, black is one of my favourite colours. It's bold, clean, safe, and above all, a very comfortable colour. There are some colours I would love to wear, but am not able to, but mixed with black they look really good, and I feel able to wear them.
I also love rich opulent purples, electric blue, most green colours, absolutely adore plum, if only I could have more plum coloured stuff in my wardrobe. I love plum, it's just a bit more edgy than black, and it has a real contrast with my pale skin which I really like. I like grey, but only as a small break between big colour's, or as accent's on dark coloured clothing.
That was quite a hard post to write, I'm not very good when it comes to describing how thing's can affect you, like colours, because it's a highly subjective and down to personal taste.
But anyway, I finished my night shift's for the weekend. Last night wasn't nearly as bad a I thought it was going to be, even though I did throw a bit of a strop, and had to get Angela for some support. I managed to move everything around and got it exactly to the plan, only for the commercial manager to come in and start to move it, in front of me in the morning. As you can imagine, I was not impressed. But Vicky was really impressed at how much I had managed to get done in the stockroom, and was over the moon at the empty racking, and said I had done a brilliant job, so I'm glad I managed to do something right. She was also very happy with the work me and Katy did in Per Una the night before, and I went over there at 3 in the morning, and hardly anything had been moved. Result!
Now I've got to go, I have three episode's of the returned to catch up on, then I'm going to the theatre with mum tomorrow in Salisbury.
Day 18- Your favourite colour and why.
Now this is a difficult one. I like a lot of colours, and I couldn't really tell you why. I suppose it's something to do with the way our brain's perceive colour, and how we emotionally react to them. For me, black is one of my favourite colours. It's bold, clean, safe, and above all, a very comfortable colour. There are some colours I would love to wear, but am not able to, but mixed with black they look really good, and I feel able to wear them.
I also love rich opulent purples, electric blue, most green colours, absolutely adore plum, if only I could have more plum coloured stuff in my wardrobe. I love plum, it's just a bit more edgy than black, and it has a real contrast with my pale skin which I really like. I like grey, but only as a small break between big colour's, or as accent's on dark coloured clothing.
That was quite a hard post to write, I'm not very good when it comes to describing how thing's can affect you, like colours, because it's a highly subjective and down to personal taste.
But anyway, I finished my night shift's for the weekend. Last night wasn't nearly as bad a I thought it was going to be, even though I did throw a bit of a strop, and had to get Angela for some support. I managed to move everything around and got it exactly to the plan, only for the commercial manager to come in and start to move it, in front of me in the morning. As you can imagine, I was not impressed. But Vicky was really impressed at how much I had managed to get done in the stockroom, and was over the moon at the empty racking, and said I had done a brilliant job, so I'm glad I managed to do something right. She was also very happy with the work me and Katy did in Per Una the night before, and I went over there at 3 in the morning, and hardly anything had been moved. Result!
Now I've got to go, I have three episode's of the returned to catch up on, then I'm going to the theatre with mum tomorrow in Salisbury.
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!